Santa Anna turf is a hybrid couch showing a rich emerald green colour, with a fine, dense and soft leaf texture with high colour retention under low winter temperatures and partial shade. Deep rooted, dense network of fine stolons and rhizomes making a tough turf with a very smooth, soft but hard-wearing surface. Santa Anna turf is used at Joondalup Golf Course on the fairways.
Santa Anna Turf Characteristics:
- No germination from seed, requires runners;
- Non irritant;
- Medium maintenance, for best appearance use a sharp mower;
- Good tolerance to saline water (up to 10,000mg per litre);
- Good tolerance to waterlogging;
- Excellent wear, recuperative and green-up rate;
- Excellent winter colour retention;
- Requires a minimum of 4 hours direct sunlight daily;
Santa Anna Turf USES:
Residential and commercial lawns for a soft formal appearance. Hard-wearing areas such as golf courses, tennis courts, bowling greens, where hard-wearing and close mowing is required. Parks and gardens, sports ovals, soil stabilisation areas, roadsides, urban infill areas.