SANTA ANNA TURF
MED to HIGH MAINTENANCE
A hybrid couch showing a rich emerald green colour, with a fine, dense and soft leaf texture with high colour retention under low winter temperatures and partial shade. Has low seedhead formation if mown regularly. Deep rooted, dense network of fine stolons and rhizomes making a tough turf with a very smooth, soft but hard-wearing surface. This turf is used at Joondalup Golf Course on the fairways.
- Non irritant;
- Medium to high maintenance, requires sharp mower;
- Moderately invasive into areas not bordered;
- High thatching characteristics if not mown weekly;
- Good tolerance to saline water (up to 10,000mg per litre);
- Good tolerance to waterlogging;
- Excellent wear, recuperative and green-up rate;
- Excellent winter colour retention;
- Requires a minimum of 4 hours direct sunlight daily;
- Propagated from stolons (runners) or turf rolls;
Residential and commercial lawns for a soft formal appearance. Hard-wearing areas such as golf courses, tennis courts, bowling greens, where hard-wearing and close mowing is required. Parks and gardens, sports ovals, soil stabilisation areas, roadsides, urban infill areas.