The soft leaf varieties of Buffalo (AusDwarf) turf are extremely soft compared to the older types and have a healthy green appearance. This variety is slower growing, so requires the least amount of mowing and watering. It tolerates moderate traffic.
Soft Leaf Buffalo Turf Characteristics:
– Attractive dark green in colour;
– Environmentally friendly;
– Due to its dwarf characteristics, it is more drought tolerant;
– Excellent shade tolerance;
– Very low maintenance due to dwarf characteristic; and
– Excellent winter dormancy resistance with green colour retention during normal winters.
The thick matting which comes with age makes it essential that you install your buffalo well below kerb height. The thick matting also prevents a lot of weeds from appearing.